Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Will Praise You in This Storm...

"I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm" -Casting Crowns


These lyrics have been powerful in my life. It hasn't been until recently, however, that I was able to find the power of praising good through rough parts of my life. I know I'm twenty some years old, how do I know what rough is? I'm not saying my life is rough, but it hasn't all GREAT either. But anyhow, I'm getting ahead of myself. What I'm trying to say is I've looked at this song often when life is (for me anyhow so far) really tough. I have learned to praise God then (which may be another blog all together). It's also easy for me to praise God when things are GREAT and everything is fitting. But what about the times when everything is ok and things just are...


This is where I currently am. I'm fresh outta college, I have the world at my fingertips, but I have no idea where to go. It's easy for me to praise God when things are under control or when things are completely outta control that God is my only answer. It's when things are just out of my reach. I need a job, plain and simple. I want to be able to pay off all my loans and debts so I can be free for God to use me. But I have been doing everything I can to get a job. I have been talking to people. I have been putting in applications. I I I I I I I... This is where I am starting to realize my problem. I need to start trusting God with EVERY part of my life. That doesn't mean stop trying to get a job, but I do need to start praying about it A LOT more. It's easy to pray when I have an interview, "God help this go well, blah, blah, blah (ok not exactly how I pray). or when I have a tough decision. But here, now, I find it so hard to let go of the stress and worry and KNOW that God is in control. I was just telling a good friend that I know God will take me where He needs me and allow this and that, yet I try so hard to assume what He is going to do. At least I think I told him, I may have simply thought htis during our discussion. Regardless, it's true. I have my future all planned out, and I'm trying to do everything in my power to make it happen. And, I know I told my friend this, is what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid God is going to use this situation to stretch me and my faith. Partly afraid because I know it'll hurt, but I also know that if He does, what I will be after this.


Imagine a God that has our best interest in mind regardless of what we see. A God that knows what we need even when we don't. A very wise brother of mine once told me, we see the trees but God sees the forest. This idea, that even when we think we know what is best, God still know better. To have a faith in my God like that... Man that is what I desire. I want to have that kind of faith in God. I hope you do as well. I hope you know the freedom in knowing that God is in control, even when life is not. In writing this blog, I have finally started to feel that again. Thank you all for baring with me through this reflection time... but man, I don't have to worry. I can apply and talk to people and look for jobs, but my stress isn't there because God WILL provide. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt (at least for the time being, until Satan helps me doubt) that even if I end up jobless within the next few months that God has something going on and He still will provide. Now that is a little extreme and I hope He doesn't, but that is the kinda faith we see in the Bible and the kinda faith we should have. 


You know it's amazing how my blogs never end up where I thought the would when I start. O well, it was good for me. I hope you were able to get a little something as well. Something I haven't said before is if you ever have any question about what I talk about or faith or God or any of this jazz, please, feel free to contact me. I hope to stay somewhat anonymous so  e-mai at optimisticprime15@gmail.com (who knew someone else would use optimisticprime...). I don't
promise to have all the answer, or any of the answers, but I will do my best to point you in the right
direction or in contact with someone who has more answers than me. 


As always with love,
Optimistic Prime

      No comments:

      Post a Comment