Thursday, May 5, 2011

An Introduction

Ok so here goes whatever this is. I'm a twenty something year old post college student with a lot of ideas... and no where to put them. So here they are. Wrapped up in this neat little thing called a blog. I think the inspiration goes to my brother and sister who have started blogging as well. If they can do it, so can I. Perhaps not as well, but there will be posts.
So what is this blog going to be all about? I'm not sure where it's going to go. Because I recently graduated with a degree in education, I'm sure it will involve some of my teaching. I've also been dabbling in poetry, so it may contain some of that. I have also been looking into my faith and what I believe about Christ. I can promise you it will contain that. My life has be an interesting roller coaster of events to make me who I am, so this will also contain some personal lessons I've learned. Before I continue to aimless explain what you are going to read perhaps you should know some more about me.

From a young age, I grew up in a conservative family, conservative community, conservative life. I was conservative. To the point that I went to a conservative mennonite school through eighth grade. For High School I went to a public school, which was somewhat life changing. However, it was still a conservative community. For college I went to a state college that is, well easily put, completely not conservative. And that is where my life has been for the last 5 years (yeah 4 year degree, I know). My perspective may not be as unique as I'd like to think it may be, but I like the perspective on life that I have. (While we are on the topic about how I think, I think I'm hilarious so be warned. I promise there will be lame jokes and stupid puns, but back to the topic at hand.) I am a self proclaimed optimist. If you've ever seen the play Spamalot or seen the movie The Holy Grail, you may know the song Always Look On the Bright Side of Life... that pretty much explains it. I may be optimistic to the point of my own demise, but it's me and I like it.

Well enough about me and this blog. I'm sure to have a lot of spare time this summer so I'm sure that I will be back before long. I promise the next post to be something of substance. But, as the title of this post said, it was simply an introduction to what this is. Hope you enjoy. If you don't... well then don't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment